INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We collect personal information about you through various Channels as described above. The types of personal information we collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone numbers);
- username and password;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries and comments);
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- purchase and transaction information;
- the contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code);
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers;
- other personal information we obtain through our Channels.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the personal information we obtain as described in this policy and rely on a number of legal bases to do so as described further below, including:
- performance of a contract with you;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We use the information we obtain to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including to:
- transact with you and provide various products and services to you;
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- create and manage your account with PetSupplies.
We use the information we obtain on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we can describe further upon request, including to:
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- reduce credit risk;
- verify your identity;
- send you promotional materials and other communications;
- communicate with you via email, postal mail, phone and other means about, and to administer your participation in, special events, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys, and market research;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies;
- respond to your inquiries.
In addition, we process your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not rent lists or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
Third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders and provide web hosting, advertising, and marketing services.
Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Despite our efforts, no website, database, or system is completely secure of “hack-proof”. You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained for as long as is necessary to carry out the purposes set out in this policy (unless otherwise required by law). In general, this means that we will keep your personal information for as long as you keep your PetSupplies account, but we may keep your order history longer to comply with legal obligations. To delete your account or account information, please Contact Us or check your account settings.
MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you submit photos or other User Generated Content for reviews, communities, or other features, please be aware that this data may be posted publicly. You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Websites or Apps, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
If you have a request regarding your personal information that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please Contact Us.
PetSupplies collects information from your browser or device when you use the Site. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies to collect this information. We use this information for Website functionality, performance analysis, and improvement, enabling third-party interoperability (like social media log-in and sharing), and advertising.
Your browser can help you manage these trackers. In your browser, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies in your browser settings. If you turn off all cookies, certain parts or features of the Site may not work properly.
We transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries outside of the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will implement appropriate safeguards to help ensure that we protect that information as described in this Global Privacy Notice.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US